January was productive (like 65k in 31 days productive), February tried to kill me, and March, well, March was a roller coaster.
Right at the end of February my husband’s grandmother passed away. We had the funeral on March 1st and the first week of March was eaten up with visiting. Love my out of town family so I’m not complaining, but it did slow down the writing. The kids have been good, we started the month out strong health wise. Only one snow day mid-month.
The roller-coaster part is my emotional state. I’m just all over the place this month. Happy, sad, tired, driven, holed up in bed for a day, on the ball, drop the ball – I can’t find any consistency or routine!
But, all that aside, here’s how the month went:
- The Rose Garden Series is complete. All of the books are available in paperback online. I will have all the paperbacks available here by next week. The final ebook will launch on May 7.
- Underground #6 is done and edited. Just need the cover.
- Underground #7 is done and being edited. Still need a cover.
- Cheyanne (the Underground bonus novel) is started and completely plotted. This bonus book will include the novella “Cheyanne” and the short story “Fifty-Fifty”.
- I’ve been working on my memoir some more and I’m decently happy with how it’s looking. It’s going to need some serious editing for tone and voice but it’s coming along.
- I wrote 44,914 words in March
- I’m ready to start a MASSIVE 4-book epic fantasy project that has been sitting on my back burner for too long now. But, don’t expect to see much of it. I plan to pitch this one to the traditional publishing market.
- What about keeping up new releases for my readers? The plan is to publish the memoir to fill the gap. Actually, 2 memoirs and a stand-alone novel that I will be working on in the background for the next 6-9 months.
Ended off the month with Spring Break. A whole week of kids and fun. April 13th I go for my black belt test so April’s update will be interesting.
If you’re in Southeast Manitoba, I’ll be at the St. Norbert Pop Up Market on April 14th (come by and see how I did on my black belt test!). The Rose Garden official launch is May 7th at the Jake Epp library.