2 months done. 59 days gone. It’s going by quickly.
This month saw some real set-backs. My children were home 3 extra days because of snow and cold, and my daughter was home an additional day because of stomach flu. I was down for a day with that same stomach flu and now I have a head cold. Oh, and my daughter came home with lice. January was productive – February is trying to kill me.
I’ve gotten through all that, and still managed to achieve some milestones.
- I had a colour belt test at the beginning of February and got my red belt. Yay!
- I topped 100k words so far this year. I’m running roughly 23,000 words ahead of schedule on my total word count goals.
- I finished my last ghostwriting contract, and I finished it early, leaving me with 4 extra days to outline and plan for my next project.
- I finished the editing on Rose at the End and the cover is done. I’ll need to format everything and put in the ISBNs and it’s ready to go.
- I ordered my spring restock so I should have copies of Rose Alone before my first show of the year.
- I’m on schedule with Underground #6: Turncoats and I have a good sense of book 7 as well. In nine weeks the last 3 Underground books should be done and ready for editing.
This month I also took a big step for myself and my personal well-being. I’ve reached out for professional counseling help. I’m hoping this won’t set me behind on my projects, but my health is more important than the words I put down on the page.
I’m looking forward to wrapping up the Underground series and starting a brand new project in late April.
For those local in Manitoba: I have a show on April 14th with Crafted by Me. It will be at the St. Norbert Community Center. I also have a book launch coming up for the Rose Garden Series. That will be on May 7 at 7pm at the Jake Epp Library in Steinbach. Both are completely free to attend.